Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad

This is my Dad (or Mr. Clements as some of you know him) with little Jack. 



I love this picture because they look a little bit alike, unless I'm talking to a Stinson, who swears Jack looks exactly like Luke : ) 

Dad taught high school history and political science for almost 30 years and one of the things I miss most about not living near him, is always running into random people that would say, "I loved your Dad.  He was my favorite teacher."  (Although, it still happens every once in a while, even four hours away, right Brad?)

He was my favorite teacher too.  He was really active in whatever me or my siblings were interested in.  He was my biggest fan, always encouraging me to try out for different things, and I could always escape "high school drama" into his office to be alone for a while.  (Although things were sometimes tricky when the boys I liked or dated were in his class...)

I miss you, Dad.  Hope you aren't freezing your tail off today (although I know you are).  I'm so proud of you.

(If you want to wish Mr. Clements a happy birthday in St. Petersburg, go here. I'm sure he would love to hear from you.)

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Very nice post, Leslie. Your dad was one of my favorite teachers, too. I bet there aren't many people who remember learning about Swamp Fox in high school history. He's a great guy.

Brad said...

I have run into former students of dad's at work, at church, and even on the Snowbird tram!