Sunday, May 10, 2009

Camden turns 6!



I have a 6 year old! What a year he has had. He has learned so much this year in kindergarten and made so many friends. He is a big helper to me around the house and his favorite "job" is to entertain Colby. He makes me laugh at his funny phrases and he has a very vivid imagination. He has a lot of his dad in his personality, but I see myself mixed in there too. I was very impressed with him yesterday by sharing all the fun things he got with his brother (best friend and sometimes arch rival) Jack.


(entertaining Colby)

His Knight Party was a hit (literally, lots of sword fighting). The knights had to go on quests including: walking over hot lava (on skiis from the nordic track), whacking balloons hanging from the apple tree, rescuing civilians trapped in the swing set tower, stealing dragon eggs, and pulling a sword from the stone. The final battle culminated with the Dragon and recovering the Stinson treasure stolen from their castle.

Here are the brave knights (and court jesters in the back ground)

Proving their skills.

That pesky dragon! The boys have still been talking about him today.

5 comments:

The Freed Family said...

Sounds like a very fun and well-planned out party. I love the sword cake. Don't know why I never thought of a sword cake....Garrett was obsessed with swords for years!

ashley said...

what a fun party! you were always so creative in planning our little parties and "outings" (remember the clown party you and kim put together). your boys are so lucky to have such a fun mom!

JoMamma said...

Kai had such a great time at the party. Your cake is awesome!

Emily said...

What a fun party. It looks like the boys had a blast! You are such a good mom.

Mamma Mia said...

All I can say is, "How did he get to be 6!?"