Tuesday, February 17, 2009

House Tag

Jana tagged me and I've had fun reading Kristen and Emily's versions as well, so here's mine:


Grab your camera and take at least 5 random pictures around your house. No cleaning up first, this is your house as is. Here are some categories you could use: Room that stays the cleanest. Work in progress. What someone else is doing right now. Favorite decor or display. Something that represents your current life. Favorite relaxing spot. Something hand-me-down. etc.

Favorite decor:



I love black & white photography. These are all people or places that are special to us.

Favorite spot:



I do everything here: use the computer, scrapbook, do art with my boys, think, get inspired, work on primary stuff, etc. It is usually a mess with whatever my current project is, but I love the area. Thanks Luke for talking me into this desk when I thought it was way too big.

Favorite hand-me-down:



My parents had these blue rockers for many years and kept them for me because I knew whenever I had a house I'd decorate in blue and want them. They have rocked a number of babies and have the most comfy, worn-in feel. I love to sit, read to the boys, watch the snow fall out side like it is doing now, and listen to music here.

Work in progress:


Well, not much progress is happening right now, but on my "to-do list": new flooring, new cupboard harware, and as soon as we can find someone to cut out this cupboard (da, da, da)...a dish washer!!!

And just for fun, What someone else is doing right now: Before Camden left for school and Jack went down for a nap, the dinosaurs were invading hot wheel/little people town and buzz lightyear was saving the day!
I tag: Kimberly, JoAnn, and Brook.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

very cute. I love the black furniture...it matches mine.
I too have an old blue rocker. Mine is from my Grandma Leak. Remember sitting on them when we had egg face masks. Fun times!

The Freed Family said...

Thanks for participating! I love your desk with the beadboard. I really need a new desk...mine is a very old hand-me-down. The black and white photos totally remind me of you.

Mamma Mia said...

I loved this little commentary of your home and life. Yours is such a cozy little house.

Emily said...

I love your desk. You can never have to much room when it comes to desks. Buzz Lightyear saving the day, sounds like something I heard the other day. Boys, gotta love them. And by the way, you can do expert level on guitar hero?!!!!!! I've got to practice. We need to get together and have a guitar world tour fest!

Kimberly T. said...

I absolutely LOVE/COVET your desk! I've been slacking on the blogging, so I'll get right on this.