Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My TV lineup

The new year's TV season has been good to me. You can probably tell with my lack of posts lately. When we get the boys to bed instead of sitting down to the computer, we've been catching up on all the new shows. (Can I just say I LOVE DVR....it changes the whole way we watch TV). So, here's my recap on my favorites that are back this month:

1. 24 - I have high hopes for this season. I mean come on, the show hasn't been on in a long time thanks to writers strikes, DUI's, jailtime for Keifer, etc. so they should have had plenty of time to come up with a good plot, not the lame ones over the past couple of years. Tony & Jack together again is off to a great start. Plus, I like the woman president. (Remember her in the movie Signs? She looks a lot different now). I'm loyal to Keifer back to his Lost Boys and Young Guns days...So, come on Jack Bower, don't dissapoint! Save the nation once again and find Audry!

2. LOST - Just seeing Hurley again makes me smile (and I can't say that I was sad to see Sawyer ;). Although I felt a little sea-sick seeing them go back and forth through time, (that can't keep happening the whole season, right?), and it is a little disturbing to see Jack & Ben working together. However, I like where it is going. Who was that baby at the very beginning of the show? I thought they didn't have babies on the island?

3. The Office - Ummm, I feel like this season hasn't been the best. Last week's episode was lacking and I'm getting a little sick of Jim & Pam. They are too "sweet." Although Dwight's "learn your rules, learn your rules" children's jingle was classic.

4. American Idol - I've never been one to watch the whole season of this show...more like the last 3 of 4 weeks, but again, the beauty of DVR and fast forwarding the boring parts. Tonight they are in SLC so that should be interesting. I hope I see someone I know.

5. Friday Night Lights - OK, so Luke (and ESPN's The Sports Guy) got me into this show. The coach is such a good actor and it takes me back to football days at MHS (beat Rigby!)

Well, that is what I'm watching these nights. What about you?

11 comments:

Kristen said...

I love watching TV. I cried when I had to give up my DVR. And since I work a lot of nights I have had to give up watching A LOT of my favorite shows. I am glad that I can watch most of the shows online...except for American Idol.
Next month we are going to cut our Cable off. I don't know if I...and the kids...will be able to function. But, you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

The Freed Family said...

American Idol is seriously the only tv show I watch. We don't have dvr or cable either. We mostly watch pbs and movies. I don't even know what is on these days.

Brad said...

We're still liking 24, but it's getting pretty predictable. I saw a bumper sticker this week that said "Jack Bauer can make Chuck Norris cry."

We're loving Lost so far this season. Finally the different parts of the story are starting to come together, especially when we saw Whidmore on the island in the 50's! We're betting that hydrogen bomb is going to be used for something in the future.

We just watched the last few episodes of Survivorman the last couple of weeks. The boys and I love that show. Too bad it's over now. It's way better than copycat Man Vs. Wild (although we still watch that too).

And we're looking forward to the new season of Amazing Race, which starts in 3 weeks. It's always entertaining.

Kimberly T. said...

Oh how I wish we had a DVR, I so miss that! Not being too impressed with Jack this year. I always miss the first half, at least, of Lost because of YW's so I'm always confused. However, I think the Office is awesome! Maybe because this is the first season that I'm getting to watch most of them (although I must have missed that one.) My favorites, that I'm eagerly awaiting their return are Eli Stone and My Own Worst Enemy - Christian Slater, come on Les, I thought for sure that would be a favorite of yours.

Memories by Melissa Photography said...

We don't have TV at our house but when Savannah and I were in the hospital I loved CSI, any of them.

By the way, how do I wash my bag? You know, winter, mud and children's sticky fingers. I have had lots of compliments on it and have sent people from around here to your website.

Brad said...

Oh, and tonight we saw an ad for Eliza Dushku's new show, Dollhouse. I think it starts Feb. 13. We'll have to see what that's like.

Emily K. said...

We watch the same shows you do, but I had to stop watching 24, because it made me too crazy. Although Jake still watches it. He loves the Unit, and I like Private Practice, Gossip Girl, and the Bachelor. (I know, a little pathetic) I love good ol' couch time, with the DVR, and kids in bed at night, with my hubby and I eating junk food together. Jake's on a diet, so it's mainly me eating, but I enjoy it! It's the best!

The Austin's said...

Hey, so we watch a few of the same shows. Our top 5 are House, Office, Greys, Idol of course, and the new Lie to Me. So good. We have a huge list of shows that we DVR. I cannot live without mine. I think I would have to cut food budget before my DVR. I know totally pathetic. I like Emily love when the kids are in bed and we can watch whatever we want without commercials.

Emily said...

Okay, so I would be in so much trouble if we had DVR. I had to laugh about Kiefer. Yes, Lost Boys and Young Guns. Cam loves Lost Boys. I never did get into
24, but my parents loved it before they left. The Office - love it!!! I always wished I had started watching Lost from the beginning. Every time I try to watch it, that's exactly what I am, lost. American Idol is the best. Only this season I was slightly disapointed. They just didn't show enough of the really crazy idiots who audition. =)

JoMamma said...

I agree that the office last Thursday was not very great. However I loved the one after the superbowl. I'm looking forward to this weeks episode as well.

JoMamma said...

I agree that the office last Thursday was not very great. However I loved the one after the superbowl. I'm looking forward to this weeks episode as well.