Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Trip to Maine

We are home from a great trip to an even greater looking house! Once we get our furniture moved back in I'll post some pictures. It was wonderful to be away while all the repairs were made.

As always, we had a great trip visiting Mimi & Papa. Camden made a "To-Do" list with Mimi of things he had to do on our visit. It pretty much wraps up our trip:
1. Go for a walk


Maine is beautiful. We spend a lot of time out doors there and I love it. (Other than the fight I got in with the locals one evening...unfortunately the mosquitoes won and my face was swollen for the next few days.)

2. Play Wii with Uncle Evan / Meet cousin Andrew
The boys were very excited to see Uncle Evan and as an added bonus, Luke's brother Morgan and wife Emily met up with us there (they are currently re-locating to Georgia). We hadn't seen them in two years and it was great to finally meet their baby, Andrew. Colby and Andrew had fun "pal-ing around" together and Jack & Camden made up for the lost two years, entertaining Uncle Mo-mo.



In their matching outfits we both happened to pack.

3. Eat at Governor's
I'll say it again, "Lob-stah roll"...Camden likes the red hot dogs and mini hamburgers here and Jack loves the toy train that chugs through the restaurant.
4. Go to the beach
Looking for rocks and seashells to add to their collection.

5. Go to "the cave"
I think Luke likes to re-live his childhood when we go "home." He takes the boys to places he used to play (like the cave), they actually get to play with some of his old toys that Mimi has kept, and of course, he introduces them to the best eateries Maine has to offer (see #3).

6. Go to the parade

We went to the parade in honor of the Special Olympics that started that night. The boys LOVED it. I've never seen so many (LOUD) fire engines and police cars lined up. Other highlights were the Shriner's clowns and mini semi-trucks and race cars (Jack was in heaven).

7. Go to the fort
We visited Fort Knox, an old military base used in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars. For little boys who love playing swords and knights, it was very exciting to explore the dark, underground tunnels (with their flashlights), and see the huge cannons.






We barley made it home. Our first flight was delayed so that we landed with only 10 minutes until our second flight departed! Imagine family of five running through the airport. Babies and carryons flying through the air. Somehow we made it just as they were closing the gate.

Thanks Mimi and Papa for a wonderful visit. Ahhh, to quote the state motto, "Maine. The way life should be."

5 comments:

The Austin's said...

Maine looks beautiful. I love the east and all it's history and beauty. It sounds like you had a blast and what a fun parade. :)

JoMamma said...

I'm glad you had a great trip. I'm also glad that you are home to a made over house.

Emily said...

Oh how I would love to visit there. The pictures are beautiful. Sounds like you had a great time. Isn't it fun to have boys old enough to actually do stuff. And I can't wait to see pictures of the house.

Kristen said...

looks like a good trip. I would love to go back east to visit Pete's Dad, but I doubt that will ever happen again. It's cheaper for him to come see us.

Kimberly T. said...

What a fun trip!