Camden and I had a fun morning together. We went to the BYU Museum of Art to see the Walter Wick exhibit.
Wick is the co-author of the I SPY and Seymour books. There were displays of the actual models of cities and characters he uses in his books and then huge images of the pages from his books. We had fun searching for hidden things within images. Camden and I are now inspired to build our own I SPY type of city, high up somewhere where little brothers won't be able to knock it down.
Checking out the sculpture garden.
On our way to the Wilk for smoothies, we happened to see this guy:
He was getting in his car, so we waved as he drove by. Then he stopped, rolled down the window, asked Camden's name, and he and his wife shook our hands. Camden told him all about the I SPY Exhibit and I'm pretty sure we sold him on the fact that he needs to check it out.
That was fun. Then we enjoyed our smoothies, walked around campus, and I showed him my favorite places to study and buildings where I had classes.
As we were leaving, Camden said, "I think I'd like to go to college here and study art." This made me smile. I'm sure tomorrow he will choose something (and somewhere) else, but for all the superheros, action figures and games he shares with his Dad, today he & I shared something special. Isn't that one of the fun things about being a parent?





6 comments:
How fun!!! My boys would LOVE that exhibit. Do you know how long it will be there? That is so cool that Elder Ukdorf stopped! What a great experience.
What a fun day you had. I love the little story about Pres. Uchtdorf. You should tell Shelley about that. You know she has a special connection with him?
What an awesome date! I bet you even got a huge hug and/or kiss at the end of it.
What a fun date!! You said "this guy" because you didn't want to try and spell his name, right? lol How cool that he stopped to talk to you!
That's so sweet! I totaly have a tear in my eye....I'm such a sap! How cool you ran into Uchtdorf!
What a good mom! I love days like that with your kids. Your new kitchen floor looks beautiful! I bet that was a ton of work! Hope you're enjoying your summer.
Post a Comment